Table of Contents
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We collect information directly from you, including personal information (collectively, “information” unless necessary to distinguish between personal information and other information). Such as when you visit our Sites, request information from us, contact us, request to become an authorized reseller (where applicable) and participate in our promotions. The type of information that we collect about you depends upon your particular interaction with us, but may include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and any other information that you choose to submit to us.
We also collect information about your use of our Sites through cookies, Google Analytics and other tracking software (please see our section below entitled “Cookies and Other Tracking” for additional information).
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our services and products to you, to respond to your inquiries, to communicate with you about your use of our services, and for other customer service purposes
- To better understand how users access and use our Sites and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as to notify you (via email or other means) about our special offers
- To notify you about contests and promotions and to process your entries
- To improve our Sites and our services
Sharing Your Information
We may share your information with the persons/entities below for the following purposes. We will not share your personal information with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- Our Subsidiaries, Affiliates, and Parent Company. If you are seeking information from one of our subsidiaries (e.g., MHL, LLC, HDMI, LLC, Simplay Labs, LLC) then we will share your contact information and information about your submission (e.g., name, and contact information) with that subsidiary. Any information that you submit through one of our Sites also may be shared among Silicon Image affiliates, and they may use your information to market their products and services to you.
- Our Third Party Marketing Vendors. We share the information that we collect about you with our third party marketing vendors. These vendors may assist us in our marketing efforts, but they do not use your personal information to market their own products and services to you. They may use your aggregate information as discussed below.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. For example, these providers may help us administer our Sites.
- Social Networking Sites. From time to time certain of our Sites may run promotions or contests, as permitted by applicable law. If you enter one of our promotions, we may post a list of the winners through our pages on various social networking sites. If you “like” us, we may post an icon on your Facebook page, which your friends will be able to view. Results of our promotions also may be viewable by your friends.
We also may share your information for the following reasons:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies.Cookies allow a web server to transfer data to a computer for recordkeeping and other purposes. We use “cookies” on our Sites to, among other things, better serve you with tailored information and facilitate your ongoing access to and use of the Sites. There are two types of cookies: session-based and persistent cookies. Using cookies, we collect your IP address, browser type, domain name, referring URL, referring website, page views, and your downloads.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged in to the Sites.
- Persistent cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about your activity, which we may combine with other information about you.
- Third Party Cookies. We use third parties, such as Google analytics, to track and analyze movement throughout our Sites.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer you can edit your browser options to block them in future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Sites who disable their web browsers’ ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Sites.
Do Not Track. MHL, LLC does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
Local Storage Objects
We may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) to store your Site preferences, to personalize your visit or to display content based upon what you view on our Sites. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. In addition, you cannot control, delete or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash cookies, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Other Technologies
We use web beacons, such as clear GIFs, web bugs or pixel tags, which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs in connection with our Sites to, among other things, track the activities of website visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about website usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, identify when our e-mails are viewed and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
At times, our Sites may contain links to third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but, instead, is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
User Generated Content
Certain of our Sites contain blogs and forums. Any information that you post to the blog or forum, including, for example, blog posts, comments to blog posts, pictures, and any other information, becomes public information and will be viewable by any other visitor to our Sites. We cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions, including, where appropriate, password protection, encryption, and SSL to protect our Sites and the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, computer, and web-enabled devices, among other things, by signing off after using a shared computer, inserting a password on your web-enabled device, choosing a password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your password private. You should never share your log-in information with others. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen or compromised passwords, or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Can I Access and Modify My Personal Information?
If you submitted your information on our Sites, you may update your information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may continue to reside in our systems for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have?
From time to time, we may send you emails offering products and services that we believe might be of interest to you. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving these emails, please follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests, and that your opt-out pertains only to the receipt of marketing and advertising promotions and not for issues related to your service.
Consent to Transfer Information to the United States
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using our Sites and services, you consent to the transfer and processing of your information in the United States, which does not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area. Your consent is voluntary. If, however, you do not consent, then we may not be able to provide you with our Services.
Children Under 13
Our Site is not designed for persons under 13.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time, so be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to our policy to our Sites. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change, by highlighting the change on the Sites or by sending an email to you at the email address that you have registered with us.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Effective Date: January 27, 2014